Are you a science communication professional who wants to keep up to date with the latest insights and tools of the trade? The list below helps you to stay on top of the news and find inspiration, online and offline.
- The Mother of science communication conferences is the PCST. It takes place every two years. The next one is in April 2016 in Istanbul.
- The PCST also curates a list of related events and conferences.
- The World Conference of Science Journalists is also organized every two years and open to both journalists and communicators. The next one is in June 2015 in Seoul.
- The British Science Association organizes a yearly Science Communication Conference in the UK.
- The UK Conference of Science Journalists is a biennial conference organized by the British Association of Science Writers.
- ScienceWriters2015, the annual conference for science writers by science writers.
- ScienceOnline Leiden is an open community for everyone who wants to discuss and experiment with communication about science, both online and offline. They have a yearly Unconference in May.
- SciCom NL is the branch organization for science communication professionals. They have a yearly symposium in June.
- PCST also hosts a discussion list, where you can sign up to receive e-mail updates.
- PSCI-COM is the discussion list for UK education and research communities.
- Communicating Science
- The Online Academic
- Science Communication Central
- Fans of Critical Thinking
- I fucking love science
- ScienceOnline Leiden
Kirk Englehardt curates some good lists of science communicators and journalists to follow.
Missing something on this list? Please let me know!